2017 Scottsdale International Film Festival Poster Contest Open for Submissions!
Do you have what it takes to design the official poster for the 2017 Scottsdale International Film Festival (FESTIVAL), the longest -running film Festival in Scottsdale? One winner will receive two VIP passes to the FESTIVAL, five copies of the printed poster, name recognition in 25,000 printed programs, and bragging rights!
Since 2001, the Scottsdale International Film Festival has stayed at the forefront of
international film, showcasing upcoming new artistsand Oscar nominated entries before they are widely distributed throughout the U.S. and internationally. Voted “Best Annual Valley Event” by AZFOOTHILLS Magazine, the FESTIVAL is a five-day event that occurs every year in late fall at the beautiful Harkins Shea 14 Theatres at Scottsdale Road and Shea Boulevard. Previously, our screenings have included such great cinema as: ‘The Queen’, ‘Babel’ ‘The Kite Runner’, ‘The Diving Bell and The Butterfly’, ‘The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest’, ‘Quartet’, ‘Nicky's Family’, ‘Antarctica: A Year on Ice’, ‘Like Crazy, ‘Lion’, ‘A Man Called Ove’, and many more critically acclaimed films.
The 2017 lineup is still in development and NOT currently available. Visit the Website for last year’s lineup or here for more background on the Festival.
Suggested Theme & Style Guidelines
We’re looking for a creative approach that is fresh, bold, colorful, original, and modern, and honors international film and or/Scottsdale and Arizona. Bear in mind that this poster will become the visual theme for the 2017 Scottsdale International Film Festival and should be easily applicable to our website, advertising, clothing (t-shirts, hoodies, shirts, jackets), merchandise, stage backdrops, and a host of other applications. We encourage whimsical and out-of-the-box treatments. For inspiration, see the collection of some past posters below.
IMPORTANT: The Scottsdale International Film Festival logo (available in the Support Files) must be integrated somewhere into the design.
Artwork Requirements and Specs
Submitted artwork must measure 27” Wide x 40” High. Your original file must be 300dpi and produced in vector format for ease of duplication (layered Illustrator .eps or .ai file). Your submitted file must not exceed a maximum of 5MB.
Things You Need to Include
- All submissions must be original art/illustrations.
- Required text: “2017 Scottsdale International Film Festival”, “November 2-6, 2017”, and the FESTIVAL URL “ScottsdaleFilmFestival.com”.
- You must include the Festival logo (available in the Support Files section of our website).
- You must include the Harkins Theatres logo (available in the Support Files section of our website).
- A blank, 27” W x 7.5” H band at the footer (FESTIVAL will use this space to recognize supporters and sponsors)
Things You Should Avoid
- No recognizable performers.
- No stock images or clip art.
- No copyrighted work.
- No photos.
Please note: Any posters containing material that is copyrighted or offensive in nature will be ineligible.
All entries must be original art and follow provided guidelines, requirements and specs.
Any media is suitable as source material, but all submissions must be 300dpi and produced in vector format for ease of duplication (layered Illustrator .eps or .ai file). Your submitted file must not exceed a maximum of 5MB.
SUBMIT VIA eMAIL: email@example.com
The maximum sum that will be awarded to the winner is two (2) VIP Passes to the 2017 Scottsdale International Film Festival for a total value of $530.00. Any federal, state, or other tax, license, or fee imposed upon the winner or the prize will be the sole responsibility of the winner.
All profits from any sale of the poster will go to FESTIVAL. The sole financial consideration for the artist is the prize. Posters and graphic elements may be displayed at FESTIVAL, reproduced in the official program and/or on the official website, and on any merchandise at the sole discretion of the FESTIVAL.
Entries must be submitted electronically via email or on the FESTIVAL website by 11:59 p.m. MDT on July 7, 2017.
Restrictions and Rights
- The contest is open to all artists 18 years of age or older.
- The contest is not open to FESTIVAL employees, members, their families, or family members of the judges.
- No shared work or copyrighted work is allowed.
- Entry limit: one per individual.
- The winning entry becomes the property of the FESTIVAL. Winner must supply FESTIVAL with a working artwork file. Sponsor logos will be added to the winning image and other additions or changes may be applied as necessary by the Festival art department.
- Except as used by the FESTIVAL, all artists, including the winner, will retain the rights to their work. Entry in the contest constitutes full permission to publish name, photo and artwork of winner without further compensation.
- The determination of eligibility of entries and any interpretation of these rules is at the sole discretion of the FESTIVAL, and shall be final and binding upon all entrants.
- By participating, the entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by these rules.